Hi there! I’m Kim, your trainer for this course. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions.
A crisis is by definition unexpected. While you cannot plan a crisis, you can prepare for one as best as possible. In a crisis, how you communicate to those affected and the public at large is even more important for your brand’s reputation as what you do to fix the issue. You can document processes and procedures, and you can train your team to ensure everyone knows what to do should a crisis occur. Does your team know how to field media calls? How will you handle social media? Do you know what should be included in your crisis comms handbook? How will you structure your crisis comms team?
In this highly interactive workshop, we’ll cover crisis communications best practices, help you get started on an action plan, and give you a chance to practice crisis comms management in real time.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to build effective crisis communications teams – even across borders
- How to develop a crisis communications handbook that is both complete and practical
- How to make the most of the Golden Hour after a crisis breaks
- How to build a network of media first responders
- Best practices for social media to ensure you remain credible and reputable
In this workshop, you’ll practice:
- How to handle incoming media calls
- How to draft empathetic, effective statements
- How to respond to hostile comments on your social accounts
Format: Interactive Workshop
Target Audience: Corporate communicators
Duration of training: 4-8 hours
Minimum number of attendees: 4
Maximum number of attendees: 10
Advanced attendee preparations: None
Required equipment: Laptop, projector, flip chart and markers, “faux” news releases and reports
Post-training materials? PDF handout of the slides, all supporting materials
For the price of this training or to get more information, please contact us and we will get back to you swiftly!